Benefits of Activity Based Working
Incorporating ABW into your workplace design offers a range of business benefits including:
- Improved workplace productivity & efficiency
- Support for new agile business initiatives & objectives
- The ability to quickly create and dissolve teams for specific projects
- Greater collaboration between different people & teams
- Enhanced communication with management
- A more positive, creative & innovative workplace culture
- Higher employee satisfaction from recognising individual working styles
- Increased face-to-face interaction, reducing email & paper documentation
- Improved talent attraction & retention, by supporting preferred generational working styles
- Support for environmental sustainability desires
- Optimised real estate & building management costs
- Enabling technology preferences such as mobility & connectivity
Implementing Activity Based Working in your workplace
ABW is not a one-size-fits-all solution and requires careful planning and implementation. The most challenging aspect is how your people, technology systems and existing space (unless you’re planning an office move) will adapt to a transformation of your working style.
You’ll need to ensure an ABW strategy aligns with your overall business vision and suits its needs into the future. You should also consider the age demographics of your employees, any social or cultural factors that will impact how employees choose to work, and whether you have the right technology to successfully implement an ABW environment.
If you are looking for an Activity Based Working (ABW) design that helps you achieve key business objectives, then you need a workplace design partner. Find out more in our ebook: What to look for in a workplace design partner.